Peace be with you!
I am a spiritual director, writer, facilitator and speaker in the Boston area. I am also a wife, mother to three grown daughters, and part of an active Episcopal church in the town of Southborough, Massachusetts. I feel a calling to help others deepen their awareness of God, to listen to and mentor other women, to practice centering prayer and facilitate group discussion. In addition, I also offer half day as well as one or two-day retreats on themes related to deepening our faith and learning to hear God’s voice. Some retreat themes I have pursued are listed below.
I have 20 years experience leading women’s groups, speaking locally and writing devotionals. I have a heart for those in recovery, knowing we are all broken in some way. I’m also grateful for my training and work as a hospice volunteer. My hospice work has led to believe there is grace in dying, and I continue to learn what it looks like to let go.
I believe in caring for our bodies and God’s earth, and my husband and I are members of a CSA, a local organic farm, harvesting share weekly for creative cooking adventures. I’ve published five devotionals for Lent and Advent, and I’ve written and published several online articles. I write regularly about faith and life at http://www.lifeinabody.wordpress.com.
Sample retreat topics include:
– Beside Still Waters: Living Out the 23rd Psalm
– Accepting the Life God Gives Us: The Practice of Gratitude
– Silent Prayer: Deeper Awareness, Deeper Peace
– The Gift of Spiritual Direction: Learning to Listen with our Hearts
– Hearing God’s Voice in Scripture: The Practice of Lectio Divina
– Leaning In: Finding Freedom Through the Disciplines
– Be Still and Know: Hearing God’s Voice in the Carpool Lane (Psalm 46:10, Matthew 7:7, Jeremiah 33:3)
– Wanted: a BFF: Making and Keeping a Real Friend (Proverbs 18:24, John 15:13)
– Mirror, Mirror: Healing the Cracks in Our Self-Image (Psalm 139, 2 Corinthians 4:7)
Writing Projects Include:
Thy Kingdom Come, a Lenten devotional guide including daily and weekly prayer practices. Also available are weekly discussion questions for small group study.
While We Wait, a six-week Lenten daily devotional guide.
Where Faith Meets Life, a four week daily series on giving to others.
Weaving a Life: Connecting Body, Mind and Spirit; (in progress) a nonfiction book for women on pursuing intimacy in body, mind and spirit.
If you would like to discuss a possible retreat or speaking engagement, I would love to hear from you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.